Baby, it’s cold outside — which means that your next winter vacation is just around the corner! Whether you’re looking to jet set off to a tropical paradise or going to ski down the slopes of a snowy wonderland, the season calls for a wardrobe that blends style and practicality. We’ll dive into the realm of winter vacation outfit ideas that will keep you looking fabulous and ready for wherever your adventures take you. From dressy sweaters to gorgeous dresses, we’ve curated the perfect ensemble of cute clothes for every kind of winter vacation. Check out our list of seven winter vacation outfit ideas to give your vacation wardrobe a major upgrade.
1. Snow Bunny Chic — Whether you’re a beginner skier or headed to the double black diamond slopes, everyone loves a snow bunny chic look. To style this ski vacation outfit, begin with a thermal base layer to keep you warm. On top of your base layer, wear cute tops for women as a second layer for more warmth. Then, add insulated ski pants on the bottom with a puffer jacket and faux fur trim on top. Accessorize with a cozy knit beanie and waterproof gloves. Put on your snow boots and get ready for your apres-ski life!
2. Mountain Lodge Elegance — For an elegant winter vacation nighttime look, wear a cable-knit sweater dress and fleece-lined leggings. The dress offers a cozy charm, and the leggings give extra warmth. Finish off the look with knee-high boots and a chunky infinity scarf to get that comfy chic look. Add a touch of luxury with a wool blend coat. If you’re on the go, put on touchscreen-friendly gloves for easy device use and to stay connected with your mountain crew. It’s an excellent choice for the diverse demands of dinner at the mountain lodge and bar-hopping in the ski village after a long day of hitting the slopes.
3. Apres-Ski Glam — To take you from the slopes to the ski lodge, there are plenty of cute clothes you can wear to get that apres-ski glam. This is the kind of look that will exude effortless elegance. Start with a turtleneck sweater like a classic black turtleneck or stark white turtleneck. It’s easy to mix and match with neutral-toned essentials as a base layer. Add on a faux fur vest and high-waisted skinny jeans. Complete your outfit with suede ankle boots and statement earrings. You may not think about bringing sunnies with you on a winter vacation trip, but the sun appears brighter during the winter, especially if you’re surrounded by an all-white mountain that the sun’s rays can reflect off of. Be sure to bring a pair of oversized sunglasses with you to embrace your apres-ski glam outfit.
4. Tropical Resort Bliss — From the ski lodge to the sandy shores, fashion and travel experts share that it helps to pack neutral items to mix and match with a few accent pieces. If you’re headed to a tropical island this winter, try an off-the-shoulder maxi dress with strappy sandals, a wide-brim straw hat, and a statement beach tote. You can carry all of your essentials in that tote, like a pair of sunglasses and a hot beach read. Accessorize with layered boho-chic bracelets to achieve total tropical resort bliss.
5. Island Explorer — You’ll be ready to explore any island in the island explorer ensemble. To style this outfit, wear a linen button-down shirt with tailored shorts. Slip into slip-on canvas sneakers and a classic Panama hat. If you’re trekking around the island, accessorize with a practical canvas backpack to hold all of your belongings, including polarized sunglasses for outdoor activities. If you love this practical island-inspired look, try other resort outfits to find what suits your tropical style.
6. Sunset Soiree — Have a soiree at sunset with the sunset soiree look. To style this outfit, start with an embellished swimsuit underneath a flowy beach cover-up. Wear strappy sandals and tassel earrings. Keep your hair down and wear it loose for a beachy waves hairstyle. Complete the look with a woven clutch.
7. Beach Chic — Elevate your vacation style with the perfect blend of coastal charm and bohemian flair. Style your beach chic outfit with a crochet crop top and high-waisted wide-leg pants. Complete the look with espadrille wedges and an oversized floppy hat. Add a playful touch with a shell necklace and straw clutch. This look also works well if you’re looking for an outfit you can wear at the indoor or outdoor heated pool at the ski lodge. The beach chic ensemble seamlessly transitions from mountain adventures to sandy beach, embodying versatile elegance for both ski and beach vacations.
We hope that you’ve found these outfit ideas inspirational to get you excited about your upcoming winter vacation. Whether that involves strolling along a sun-kissed beach or sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace, embrace the season with fashion-forward flair. Layer up in a warm sweater for your apres-ski life, or show off your legs in chic dresses at the resort. Enjoy every moment of your stylish winter escape!