If you’re unsatisfied with the service at your local Planet Fitness, you can cancel your membership. This article will show you how.
If you’re looking to cancel your Planet Fitness membership, you can do so online. Read more in detail here: how to cancel planet fitness membership online.
Joining any club, even Planet Fitness, is a significant choice that requires forward preparation and consideration of your capacity to be an active member. However, there may be occasions when you need to terminate your Planet Membership due to unforeseen reasons. There’s nothing wrong with it, and you shouldn’t be concerned. The most essential thing is to understand how to terminate your subscription.
You must submit a Statement of Intent when canceling your Planet Membership, regardless of the form of cancellation you select. Despite the fact that it may seem to be a difficult task for a gym, Planet Fitness is interested in learning about and monitoring the reasons why consumers choose to terminate their subscriptions.
That is exactly what your Statement of Intent will be. An easy-to-understand explanation of why you’ve decided to end your contract. This is something you should consider before submitting it since it may have an impact on the canceling procedure.
If you’re canceling because of an injury or health condition that prevents you from using Planet Fitness’ services for an extended period of time, you should consider including documentation with your Statement of Intent. If you can show that your cancellation was due to a health problem, you are more likely to avoid incurring any costs.
Consider These Cancellation Pointers
Once you understand the options available, canceling your Planet Fitness membership will be simple, but there are a few things to bear in mind before starting the cancellation process.
Consider the following:
- Cancelling a one-month contract before the 10th of the month.
- Cancelling an annual contract before the 25th of any month.
- Cancelling your contract before the end of the billing cycle.
It’s critical to remember these details since Planet Fitness adheres to rigorous standards. You will most likely be unable to cancel if you attempt to do so outside of their processes.
Understand Your Contract
Before you decide to cancel, sit down and review your contract to ensure that you understand precisely what you signed up for. Planet Fitness offers numerous “no contract” or “no sign-up fee” deals, which may leave you perplexed as to why and how you must terminate your membership.
Make certain to:
- Read the whole contract. You should check for items like the contract’s precise terms, such as the duration and the original contract’s expiration date.
- One-year contracts are typical at Planet Fitness, so double-check to see whether you signed one.
- Make a mental note of your billing period. Remember that you must terminate monthly contracts before the 10th of the month. Before the 25th of any month for annual contracts.
- Check to see whether there is any indication of the costs associated with canceling your membership.
Cancellation Fees Are Not Charged
There’s a high chance you’ll be charged by Planet Fitness for canceling your membership. This may come as a surprise, but there are usually repercussions when you break a contract.
There are two scenarios in which Planet Fitness may be able to waive your cancellation fees:
- Inability to exercise or utilize gym facilities due to injury or medical reasons.
- Moving out of the area, a Planet Fitness region where you are a member.
First and foremost, unless you find yourself in one of these two situations, there is a little possibility that Planet Fitness would forgive your cancellation costs. As a result, plan ahead for what you may need to pay.
If you fall into one of these categories, you’ll have to prove it with more than your word to have your costs waived.
Here’s how to make your case and prove it:
- If you are physically unable to maintain your Planet Fitness membership, you must submit a letter from a doctor’s office stating that you are unable to utilize the facilities at Planet Fitness. Ask your doctor to mention the length of time you will be unable to use the facilities so there are no misunderstandings. This will make it obvious that your contract has outlived its usefulness.
- To be eligible for a fee waiver due to a move, you must demonstrate that you will not be within 25 miles (40 kilometers) of any Planet Fitness facility. Planet Fitness likes to transfer memberships, therefore if they see that another facility is nearby, they will not be able to cancel without penalty. You may demonstrate this by having your employer sign a statement verifying your move and specifying your new address. Bring a map with your location and the location of the closest Planet Fitness if you’re truly concerned (more than 25 miles away).
You will be allowed to terminate your Planet Membership, but whether or not you will be charged costs will be determined on your particular circumstances.
How can I terminate my subscription with Planet Fitness?
The most essential thing to remember is that you cannot terminate your Planet Membership online. Planet Fitness does not provide an online cancellation option for its memberships. As a result, there’s no need to spend time looking for that choice.
You may cancel your Planet Fitness membership in person, at your local Planet Fitness location, or by mail.
Before continuing, have a look at this video.
1. In-Person Cancellation of Your Membership
a. Before you go to your local Planet Fitness, make sure you have all of the information you’ll need.
- i. A unique number that identifies you as a member.
- ii. Social security number and date of birth
- iii. A valid driver’s license
- iv. The address where you signed your contract.
c. Compose a Statement of Intent.
- i. A later page including pertinent membership information and the cause for cancellation.
- ii. Include a reference to any valid fee waiver paperwork in your letter.
c. Call your Planet Fitness location and arrange a cancellation meeting.
d. Show up to the meeting, provide your Statement of Intent, and request a cancellation.
d. Obtain confirmation of your cancellation.
- i. Request written confirmation that your membership has been canceled.
- ii. Obtain the signature of the employee who made the cancellation possible.
- f. Confirm that your credit card will not be charged in the future.
- i. If you have to pay another payment, make sure it’s the final one.
- ii. Request contact information in case there are any billing problems in the future.
g. Keep an eye out for any further charges to your credit card following the cancellation.
i. If you notice charges, contact customer care for assistance or go to the store in person. 0861 496 463 (Call Center)
2. Mailing Your Membership Cancellation
a. Create a Statement of Intent for your project.
- Include any documents that may result in a fee waiver.
a. Take it to the post office and get it certified.
- At the time of delivery, need a physical or electronic signature. That way, you’ll know whether Planet Fitness has received your cancellation.
b. Include a request for cancellation confirmation in your Statement of Intent. Request that Planet Fitness contact you and give you written confirmation of your cancellation.
d. Check your bank account once you’ve sent the cancellation to make sure you’re not being charged again.
i. If you see charges, contact or visit your local Planet Fitness.
When it comes to canceling your Planet Fitness subscription, there’s no need to be concerned. There are clearly defined processes for you to follow. When you’ve made your mind up to cancel, select the method you wish to use and do the necessary steps. Remember, if you run into any problems throughout the process, the best thing you can do is talk to a Planet Fitness staff at your local location.
You may be interested in joining Anytime Fitness.
The why is it so hard to cancel planet fitness membership is a question that has been asked by many people. In this blog, I will explain why it’s so difficult to cancel an ongoing membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cancellation fee for Planet Fitness?
The cancellation fee for Planet Fitness is $10.
How do you cancel your membership at Planet Fitness?
You can cancel your membership at the gym by going to the front desk and telling them you want to leave.
How hard is it to cancel Planet Fitness membership?
It is very difficult to cancel a Planet Fitness membership.